Areas of Focus
|Anxiety||Career Transition||Confidence Building||Depression|
|Emotional Regulation||Energy Management||Grief/Loss||Life Skills|
|Life Transitions||Mindfulness||Panic Attacks||Repetitive Thoughts|
Will We Work Well Together?
Counselling is a personal partnership so finding someone who is a good fit for you is important. This is why we offer a complimentary 20 minute online consultation. You can get a first impression of your counsellor and ask questions. Your counsellor will tell you about themselves and their counselling styles. You can then decide whether or not to proceed with making a first appointment.
Creating a Safe Environment to Support You Through…
- Anxiety: We will work on identifying triggers and developing personalized approaches to help you manage anxiety symptoms and improve your overall well-being.
- Career/Life Transitions: Our counsellors provide effective stress-management strategies, goal-setting, and motivation to help you navigate major life transitions, whether it’s starting a new job or changing careers.
- Confidence Building: Our counsellors guide you to develop a positive self-image, explore your strengths, and challenge self-doubt to boost your self-esteem.
- Depression: We are here to help you manage symptoms of depression, providing guidance and tools to improve your mood, increase energy and regain a sense of purpose and joy.
- Emotional Regulation: We offer effective strategies to manage emotions, reduce stress, and enhance overall well-being, helping you develop skills to manage intense emotions like anger, sadness, and anxiety.
- Energy Management: We teach highly sensitive people how to protect, conserve, and replenish their energy using techniques like mindfulness meditation, breathwork, visualization, and guided imagery.
- Grief/Loss: We provide compassionate support throughout the grieving process, helping you navigate the stages of grief, identify coping strategies, and find ways to honor the memory of your loved one (including pets).
- Life Skills: We provide practical support to help you navigate daily life by developing skills such as time management, organization, communication, and problem-solving to enhance your overall well-being.
- Mindfulness: We offer personalized mindfulness practices to help you reduce stress, relax, and improve overall well-being by developing skills to be more present, centered, and grounded in the moment.
- Panic Attacks: We provide support to help manage panic attacks and reduce their impact by identifying triggers, developing coping strategies, and promoting a sense of safety and security.
- Repetitive Thought Patterns: We provide guidance to help you manage and challenge repetitive thought patterns, such as negative self-talk and rumination, to develop positive and productive ways of thinking.
- Self-Awareness: We offer a safe and supportive space where our counsellors help you explore your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors with curiosity and compassion, fostering a deeper understanding of yourself, your needs, and your values.Self-Expression: We create an environment where you can safely explore your creativity, emotions, and identity, and develop skills to express yourself more effectively and authentically.
- Setting Boundaries: Our counsellors provide guidance and support to help you set healthy boundaries in relationships and in life, as we help you navigate challenges such as codependency, people-pleasing, and assertiveness.
- Trauma: We offer a warm and effective approach to healing for those who have experienced trauma. We help manage symptoms like flashbacks, avoidance, and hypervigilance, while also supporting you in building resilience and finding meaning and purpose in your life after trauma.
Please check each counsellor’s profile to see their fee schedule.
- Some counsellors offer a sliding scale for a limited number of clients. Please inquire with the counsellor.
- If you have extended health benefits, contact your plan provider before your first session to ensure your plan covers the Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) designation.
Payment for each session is requested at the end of each session or prior to. Payment is accepted by credit or debit card or by email money transfer (e-transfer). A $25 fee, plus any bank fees incurred, will be charged for any bounced cheques.
Approved Providers for ICBC, First Nations Health Authority, Arete
- Some counsellors are approved providers with ICBC, First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), and Arete. We offer direct billing for these clients.
Art Therapy Group Sessions/Workshops
- Some counsellors may be available for group sessions or workshops. Please send us an email for further details.
- Fees vary according to duration of sessions, group numbers, available art supplies, etc.
- Typically fees range from $25 – $35 per person.
Counsellor Vancouver, BC Heather Hassenbein Art Therapist Empath Highly Sensitive Person HSP First Responder Counsellor BIPOC Counsellor Black Counsellor Downtown Kitsilano Art Therapy for Seniors Art Therapy for Care Homes